Some of you think your extra broad shoulders can be easily altered just by dieting and doing various forms of exercise like the other parts of your body, this is not true as the size of your shoulders is solely based on genetics.
Except you are overweight and you have been carrying out a lot of training for a long time, shrinking your shoulders is almost impossible.
Even if you manage to lose weight and your body becomes more built, you will still have the inverted shape and most people don’t like this.
But luckily for everyone with broad shoulders, once you have reached a healthy weight, you can use some methods to create an illusion that you have smaller shoulders.
Ways to Slim Down & Reduce Shoulder Bone Size
Here are some of the tricks you can use to reduce your slim bone shoulders in just 7 days :
#1. Do Fewer Shoulder Focused Exercises:
The shoulders are mainly filled up with bones, and this means they have a genetically standard size as well as muscles and other supporting tissues.
If you have broad shoulders due to large deltoids, you should stay back from some types of exercise.
You can make your shoulders broader by doing exercises like military presses, push-ups, front raises, and some other shoulder-building exercises.
If you have succeeded in building a lot of muscle in your shoulders, you can then move on to another aspect of bodybuilding.
However, you should not skip exercising the upper body because you are scared that your shoulders may end up becoming larger.
The overall health of your body compels you to train your strength in different muscle areas like the chest, back, and shoulders at least thrice a week.
#2. Swap in More Lower-Body Exercises:
We already know that it is very little you can do to change the shape of your upper body.
However, instead of focusing on the shape, you can work on building muscles in your lower body so that it balances your physique.
As part of your daily training plan, you can add exercises like deadlifts and squats to help build the leg muscles and backside muscles.
When you fill-up the layer with a healthy muscle mass, you create a balanced physique so your shoulders don’t look out of shape.
Move 1: Squat.
– Begin by standing, feet hip-width apart.
– Extend your arms out in front of you and bend your knees slowly as you push your hips back to squat. Make sure you focus on lowering your body as if you are trying to sit down.
– Continue squatting down until your thighs are parallel with the floor.
– Go as low as you can go while maintaining a good body posture, your gaze should be straight ahead.
– When you have achieved that, stay there for a moment at the bottom of your squat and reverse the motion by returning to your standing position.
– As you stand, lower your arms back to each side of your body.
Move 2: Deadlifts :
– To do this you have to fix the weight plates properly on your barbells and position them on the floor in front of you.
– If you want further help, you can position it on a slightly elevated platform to make it easier to carry.
– Walk towards the bar, and place your legs very close to it. Ensure that you keep your spine straight, raise your chest, and keep your shoulders back and down.
– Let your hips be low enough to allow you to carry the bar with your hands shoulder-width apart.
– Now you have to check your posture: Make sure your spine is straight and long, your chest up and open and your shoulders rest.
– Engage all your muscles to the floor and then lift the bar. Finish this exercise by stabilizing your body position and softening your knees.
Move 3: Lunge.
– To begin this move, you have to stand and hold two dumbbells, one in each hand. Step a few feet forward with your left foot.
– Bend low until both of your knees are bent to 90 degrees. Your back needs to rest just a little bit above the ground and your front knee should be planted above your ankle.
– Hold this position for a bit and then push through your front foot to return to your standing position.
Repeat on the other leg.
#3 Lose Weight for Smaller Shoulders:
While it is true that our shoulders are mainly composed of bones, muscles, and other connective tissues, there is some fat present right underneath the skin and if you lose that fat, it may help your shoulders reduce in size.
If you need to lose fat so that your shoulders can slim down with the rest of your body you have to adopt a healthy, reduced-calorie diet plan and also carry out serious training and exercises so you can see results.
You can also calculate your daily calorie burn so you can focus on much smaller daily goals during your exercises and dieting.
Another way to reduce your calories is to drastically reduce your intake of sugary carbonated drinks and refined grains.
Create diets that have high nutritional value and low calories. Eat vegetables and lean proteins instead of those high-calorie foods and other processed foods.
As you can see this is no easy task and it is not going to be easy to achieve.
This can be classified as one of the hardest aspects of bodybuilding as it deals with bones and not fat which everyone is used to.
However, if you follow the training and instructions diligently and you stay on track, in the shortest amount of time you are going to see results and you will be shocked.
There is no shortcut to reducing your extra broad shoulders, you have to work hard and create the balance yourself.
Do not procrastinate, do not give up, do not go back to old habits and most importantly, start today!